Changes to This Years Luminaire Service
This Years Luminaire Service is Changing
The date for this year's service is December 7th.
Each year Lawnwood has tried to make the Annual Lighting of the Luminaire service as problem free and memorable as possible. However, each year we find that logistically the way we do things could be improved upon. The biggest issue has always been where to put all of the cars and how to keep people from being used as speed bumps when everything gets dark and crowded. This year we have decided to make the following changes to this event in an effort to make it more enjoyable for the families involved:
- This year we will begin handing out candles at noon. This will allow families the opportunity to get their candles and place them on their loved ones graves without fighting the large crowd that normally comes in during the evening. Our staff will then light all of the candles that have been placed throughout the day beginning around 5:30pm.
- We will have one central candle distribution spot. All candles will be handed out from the front of the mausoleum. Families will then need to take their candles to their loved ones graves and light the candles. CANDLES WILL NOT BE LIT WHEN HANDED OUT. Bring your own fireplace or grill lighter if you come after the staff has begun lighting the candles in the sections.
- We are encouraging families to come spend time at their loved ones graves throughout the day and place candles at that time. We are then encouraging families to leave and drive back through once all of the candles have been lit by our staff.
- The true beauty of this event is the dazzling light that flickers from all of the luminaires after they are lit. For this reason we are asking that families merely drive through once the candles have been lit so that they can see the beauty and then continue on. This will prevent us from having pedestrians on the cemetery roads during the darkest part of the night.
- Candles will be given out on a first-come first-served basis. When we have run out of candles we are out. Again, all candles will be lit beginning at 5:30.
- We are encouraging all families to come during the daytime to place their candles. Lawnwood WILL NOT be providing additional lighting for this years event.
- Lawnwood WILL NOT be providing additional traffic control. Come during the day, sometime after noon, to receive and place your candles, and then drive back through once all of the candles have been lit.
- Come early. Place your candles. Reflect on the memories of your loved one and then trust our staff to light their candle later in the day. Then ride through and enjoy the beauty from the warmth and safety of your car.
- All candles are 10 hour candles. If you choose to light your candles when they are placed earlier in the day, please remember that they may burn out before the evening is over because we cannot guarantee the burn times of the candles. Place your candles early and allow us to light them around 5:30.
- We will be keeping and reusing the plastic luminaire cups so please try to keep them undamaged throughout the event.
- Please pass these changes on to your friends and family and plan to COME EARLY to place your candles and then DRIVE THRU once they have been lit later in the evening.
Last Updated (Tuesday, 03 December 2013 02:43)
Welcome to Lawnwood Memorial Park
Lawnwood has added a Pre-Need Sales Specialist
Lawnwood Memorial Park makes every effort to insure that families know all of their burial options before need. We have recently added a dedicated Pre-Need Sales Specialist to our staff to make sure that you will always have the necessary information about pre-planning your cemetery arrangements. Patrick Sullivan comes to Lawnwood with a dedication to family and a desire to make sure that every family is treated the same as he would treat his own family. If you have any questions about pre-planning your cemetery arrangements. including the benefits of being able to lock in today's price, call Patrick at 770-298-4120.
What we offer
Lawnwood Memorial Park offers a variety of options for a final resting place. We offer ground burials and mausoleum entombments. For cremations, we offer columbarium niches, and Urnarium niche-urns in which cremated remains may be placed.
If you choose ground burial, we offer a wide range of prices for grave spaces, vaults, and markers (headstones). Click here for our limited time only marker special.
If you choose mausoleum entombment, we have a beautiful mausoleum overlooking the cemetery where you may choose to purchase a crypt. A crypt plate (name/date marker) is included in the price, and no vault is needed.
We are now offering benches. Please see our Rules and Regulations for requirements, or contact us.
Our website is currently under construction. If there is something you don't see that you would like to ask us about, please email us or call our office at 770-787-8314.